Wednesday, February 08, 2006

soldiers Face Debilitating Diseases ... sources of the diseases may be depleted uranium

nbc30.com - News - Soldiers Face Debilitating Diseases: "UPDATED: 11:21 am EST February 8, 2006

They served their time in the military in places like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and more recently, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Most returned in good health.

But an NBC 30 investigation has found that for some soldiers, their service has meant a long and debilitating death sentence with mysterious diseases.

'I have good days, I have bad days,' said M. Sterry, of New Haven. 'There were eight of us that served together. Six of my friends are dead.'

She looks healthy, but Sterry is a very sick woman who has no idea how much longer she will live.

"I've had three heart attacks, two heart surgeries. I have chronic headaches, chronic upper respiratory infections. I get pneumonia two or three times a year," she said. "I have chronic fatigue, joint aches, muscle aches. I have a rash that migrates all over my body."
...
State Sen. Gayle Slossberg said one of the sources of the diseases may be depleted uranium. She was one of those who helped pass legislation last year setting up a health registry in Connecticut, strictly to keep records on our military personnel. ..

No comments: